The International Office (Office for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Affairs), led under the leadership of Guangdong Ocean University, takes responsibility for foreign affairs and affairs relating to Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. We aim at serving GDOU’s objective of a Chinese first-rate oceanic university with an excellent academic reputation globally. In compliance with the founding principle of Promoting Research and Education Development through Exchanges and Cooperation, Ensuring Security in Foreign Affairs through Supervision, we have been trying our best to improve GDOU’s internationalized academic level in personnel training, research and Chinese culture communication.
1. To follow policies relating to international exchanges and cooperation, to formulate development plans for GDOU’s internationalization and both rules and regulations concerning international exchanges and cooperation, and to put them in effect.
2. To have responsibility for GDOU’s strategic cooperation with colleges and universities, and other research and educational institutions at Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan and abroad, and to support relevant divisions to conduct international exchanges and cooperation.
3. To formulate plans for GDOU staff to go abroad and to Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan on business in a short term, and to implement them.
4. To be responsible for approval and filing of visits of organizations and/or individuals from overseas, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, joint research, academic exchanges, etc.
5. To take responsibility for work regarding the Chinese-Foreign Cooperation in Running Schools, and to coordinate its application and running with relevant divisions.
6. To be responsible for admission and promotion of international students, to instruct them to handle entry visas, and to coordinate the management of international students with relevant divisions.
7. To make overall plans for GDOU teachers and students to conduct and/or participate in multi-form, multi-tiered, online and offline educational exchanges with colleges and universities at Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan and abroad, and to manage all the programs.
8. To coordinate application and development of the Confucius Institute (the Confucius Class) or International Chinese Language Education Bases with other divisions.
9. To strengthen oversight of foreign exchanges and cooperation, and to regulate acts of all GDOU staff and students, which are involved in foreign affairs, eventually ensuring security in foreign affairs.
1 Haida Rd. Mazhang Dist. Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province 524088, P.R. China
Copyright © 2022-2022 Guangdong Ocean University All Rights Reserved.