Muhammad Sameer Sheikh received his Ph.D. degree in Communication and Information systems from the Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, China, in 2017. He was associated with the Jiangsu University as a Postdoc Research Fellow from 2018 to 2020. In 2020, he joined the Guangdong Ocean University, China as an Associate Professor. He has authored more than 20 articles published in international journals, and international conference proceeding. His research interests include intelligent transportation system (ITS), Traffic Information Engineering, Traffic Classification, Traffic Control and Operation, Traffic Network, and IoT technologies. Dr. Sheikh serves as a member of the technical committee of International Conferences as well as a reviewer of various reputed Journals.
Traffic Engineering, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Transportation System Engineering.
Connected and Automated Vehicles, Traffic and Road Safety, Traffic Operations and Control.
Traffic safety and its Analysis, Machine Learning and IoT in Transportation Applications, Traffic Networks.
Peer review activities:
IEEE Access, Journal of Transportation Engineering, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology - Transactions of Electrical Engineering, Transportation Research Board journal, etc.
Member of technical committee of International Conference on IoT based smart cities and Modern Transportation.
1. Electronics and Information Engineering (16141102)
2. MATLAB Language and its Application (33452003)
3. Advanced Electronic Information Engineering Technology (33431001)
1. Electronics Engineering Design Practical (J1610101)
2. Embedded Engineering Design Practical (J3340103)
3. Fundamentals of Electronic Technology Practical (J3340101)
1. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh and Yinqiao Peng, “A Comprehensive Review on Traffic Control Modeling for Obtaining Sustainable Objectives in Freeway Traffic Environment,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, July 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/1012206
2. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh and Yinqiao Peng "Procedures, Criteria, and Machine Learning Techniques for Network Traffic Classification: A Survey," IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 61135-61158, June 2022, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3181135
3. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh and Amelia Regan, “A complex network analysis approach for estimation and detection of traffic incidents based on independent component analysis,” Phys. A Stat. Mech. its Appl., vol. 586, October 2021, 126504, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2021.126504
4. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Ji Wang and Amelia Regan, “A game theory-based controller approach for identifying incidents caused by aberrant lane changing behavior,” Phys. A Stat. Mech. its Appl., vol. 580, June 2021, 126162, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2021.126162
5. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Jun Liang and Wensong Wang, “An Improved Automatic Incident detection Technique Using a Vehicle to Infrastructure Communication,” Journal of Advanced Transportation, vol. 2020, 14 pages, 2020, DOI: 10.1155/2020/9139074
6. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Jun Liang and Wensong Wang, “Security and Privacy in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks and Vehicle Cloud Computing: A Survey,” Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing, vol. 2020, 25 pages, 2020, DOI: 10.1155/2020/5129620
7. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Jun Liang and Wensong Wang, “A Survey of Security Services, Attacks, and Applications for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs), Sensors, vol. 19, no. 16, August 2019, DOI: 10.3390/s19163589.
8. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh and Jun Liang, “A Comprehensive Survey on VANETs Security Services in Traffic Management System,” Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing, vol. 2019, 23 pages, 2019, DOI: 10.1155/2019/2423915.
9. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Qunsheng Cao and Caiyun Wang, “Analysis of ocean surface photo imaging based on weighted least square,” International Journal of Modeling and Optimization, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1-5, 2015.
10. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Qunsheng Cao and Caiyun Wang, “Aperture Filter and Adaptive Filter Response for Reconstruction of Sea Surface Image Based on LIDAR Observation,” International Journal of Modeling and Optimization, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 317-324.
11. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Qunsheng Cao and Caiyun Wang, “Image Reconstruction Based on Iteration under Compressed Sensing Domain,” IEEE Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), IEEE Microwave Theory and Technical Society, vol. 2, pp. 1-3, 2015, DOI: 10.1109/apmc.2015.7413160
12. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Qunsheng Cao and Caiyun Wang, “Image Super-Resolution Using Compressed Sensing Based on Learning Sub Dictionary,” WSEAS Transactions on Communications, vol. 15, pp. 156-167, 2016.
13. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Qunsheng Cao and Caiyun Wang, “ High Resolution Image Reconstruction using with Compressed Sensing based on Iterations,” International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 163-174, 2016, DOI: 10.14257/ijhit.2016.9.12.15
14. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Qunsheng Cao and Caiyun Wang, “Single Image Super-Resolution via 2D Cosparse Regularisation with Self-Similarity Feature,” Journal of Computers, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 79-92, 2017, DOI: 10.3966/199115592017062803007
15. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Qunsheng Cao and Caiyun Wang, “Super-Resolution Image Reconstruction with Improved Sparse Representation” International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications,” vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 217-226, 2016.
16. Muhammad Sameer Sheikh, Qunsheng Cao and Caiyun Wang, “Image Super-Resolution Reconstruction Using Adaptive Cosparse Regularization with Dual Dictionary, International Journal of Modeling and Optimization (IJMO), vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 225-232, 2016.